Is there someone in your life that isn’t easy to shop for? In my family, I am that someone. As a result (it takes one to know one) I am often approached with inquiries regarding gift ideas and suggestions for her.
I know and appreciate that “it’s the thought that counts”, but that doesn’t hide the fact that I am painfully particular. So let me say this, if you too are that person… own it!
a few items to note:
Regardless of the person receiving the gift, I have found these general guidelines to be helpful:
1. Unless specifically asked for, see that the gift is consumable.
Often the best gifts are consumable or something to do. It can be as simple as a bouquet of flowers or a workshop related to a hobby or interest.
2. Gift something that they wouldn’t normally buy for themselves, but would appreciate.
Often I’ll choose a finer version of an item that they already enjoy. For example, if you know that they love a particular wine, opt for an award winning bottle from a local winery.
Below is a curated list of gift ideas for her, that have been well received or continue to be reoccurring on my wish list. A note that many items are local to Kelowna, British Columbia:
- a treat for later
- coffee or tea outing
- chocolate treats
- artisan soap bars
- flower bouquet in a single variety and colour (ie white peonies or hydrangeas)
- boxed treats from a bake shop *
- hand poured candle
- frame a special photo
- local bottle (white, red, rosé)
- movie night
- ice cream treat
- mani or pedi
- tin of tea *
- order takeout
- imported bottle of wine (Italy, France)
- photo book
- magazine subscription (vogue, style at home)
- lunch outing
- coffee table book (home, fashion, travel)
little luxe gift
- a simple bracelet
- drinks + appies
- box of macarons
- movie night out
- wine tasting
- gift card to a local home shop (lakehouse or olive + elle)
- wellness class(es) (yoga, barre)
- framed print
- meaningful quote, framed
- dinner outing
- mani + pedi
- wireless AirPods
- Apple watch
- box of roses
- bottle of perfume (light, warm)
- dinner & movie night out
- gift card to a local fashion boutique (fosellos, morgane)
- gift card to a local home shop (lakehouse, the cross)
- mini getaway
- tote bag
- cashmere throw blanket
- subscription (box, flowers, wine)
- virtual classes (creative, master)
- tickets (concert, stand-up, theatre)
* be mindful of possible sensitivities or allergies
Above all, quality over quantity.
Oh, and if she does give you a list… stick to it. Otherwise, include the gift receipt!
For other gift ideas for her, feel free to view my additional roundups
If you have any questions, feel free to DM me on instagram or leave a comment below.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, I may earn a small commission. Products that are recommended are ones that I truly love or would purchase for a dear friend.