I LOVE a white Christmas, but once the ball drops for New Year’s Day, I could not care less about the snow. Let alone the slush! My boots and I really do not enjoy the forecast that the later winter months bring.
I admittedly begin counting down the days to spring in January. That however is a little ways away.
In the mean time, here are few little luxuries that I have found to help counteract the dreary forecast and actually enjoy the remaining three months of the winter season.
- Tired of losing your gloves to a manicure? Consider these expandable cashmere ones. So far I haven’t had to replace mine.
- I have been applying and recommending this lip balm for years. It is very light, yet withstands the cool and crisp winter air. One currently lives in my coat pocket.
- I love a wool coat. I also really love this super light alternative that can be dressed up or down.
- Because slushy snow requires waterproof boots. These leather boots are a chic and warmer alternative to my Hunters.
- I really love adding a throw blanket to a bedroom or living room. A throw blanket made with cashmere? Yes please.
- When I was studying in Milan, my aunties surprised me with a bottle of this warm floral fragrance. It’s one of my favourite winter scents to this day.
- A subtly sweet vanilla candle made with coconut wax. This will warm your home when the weather outside is frightful.
- My new office is WAY too cold this time of year. So, until I can negotiate a space heater, this cashmere wrap scarf is kind necessary. It also comes in a navy.
- Unlike most of the solid black tights in my closet, these ones are a fun grey cable knit.