Those who know me, know that I have a hard time passing up a road trip. Those who really know me, know that health and wellness has played a large role in my upbringing. Which is really no accident as to why one of my favourite local getaways involve Sparkling Hill Resort.
On that note, I am unbelievably fortunate to live within an hour of a resort that focuses on the wellbeing of their guests. Let alone, on a luxury level.
I am beyond grateful that such a resort is just shy of an hour’s drive from my home.
Since my first visit to Sparkling Hill Resort, I have made it a priority to visit at least once a year. Even if it is just for one night. It is almost unbelievable how elevated you will feel, within less than 24 hours, by the time you exit the foyer adorned in Swarovski crystals.
It truly feels like a personal reset. Which is why I love visiting near the end of winter or beginning of spring. As such, it has become my favourite way of transitioning into a new season.
Above all, I simply cannot recommend enough the importance of taking the time to get away and investing in yourself. Trust me, your future self will love you for it.
As per prior visits, I have compiled my notes into an overview of what you need to know before your next stay at Sparkling Hill Resort. Consider yourself covered!
To avoid the 3 PM rush I really would recommend arriving a bit earlier. I try to arrive between 1 to 2 PM so that I can be floating in the pool by 2:45 PM.
If you ask kindly, the front desk will safely hold your luggage until your room is ready.
Check In & Out Times
- Check In: 3 PM
- Check Out: 10 AM
When booking your stay, it is best to book directly on their website or to call 1-877-275-1556, ext. 1.
Overview of Rooms
There are really only two room categories to note:
- Lake View
- Mountain View
The “Mountain View” rooms overlook the Predator Ridge golf course and mountain side while the “Lake View” rooms look over Okanagan Lake.
Aside from the Penthouses, within the two category options, there are three tiers to choose from
I have stayed In the Standard and Superior rooms and I can honestly say that aside from a slight variation in the view, there were no distinct differences between the two.
The bedding options for each room view and tier are:
- 2 Queen beds
- 1 King bed
note that with the tub and shower are not fully closed off
The Mountain View rooms are stunning during the winter months when completely covered in a white blanket of snow. For the warmer months I would look into upgrading to a Lake View room. They are very serene and definitely a treat if you are visiting from out of town.
If possible, I would recommend looking into booking your stay at Sparkling Hill mid-week or perhaps on a Thursday/Friday. You may want to also consider the less busier months like late-September to mid-November or late-February to late-April.
Favourite Room Inclusions
- Memory foam bed
- VERY fluffy pillows – the firmer one is placed in the front and the softer ones are behind
- Warm and white duvet quilt
- Wine glasses + cork screw… bring your favourite bottle(s)
- Crystal fireplace
- Mini fridge to hold wine + snacks
- Two chairs perched in front of a floor-to-ceiling view
- Windows that let in fresh air
- TV with movies on-demand
- Walk-in shower with a view
- Hair dryer
- Makeup mirror
- A safe for any valuables
- Ice available upon request – call front desk
- Free WIFI
I woud highly suggest bringing along snacks and beverages for in between KurSpa visits. I often pick up sushi on the way and pack a handful of favourite charcuterie-type snacks for later. You may also want to throw in a few extra napkins, paper cups, etc.
- LOVE the serenity, hot and infinity pools
- Try the kneipp hydrotherapy. I dare you not to curse out loud!
- I always look forward to the herbal sauna and rose steam rooms
- Don’t forget the experience showers! The tropical one is my favourite.
- Stay hydrated!! Take advantage of the water stations and keep a lip balm in your housecoat pocket.
- Visit the Tea Room and enjoy the complimentary flavoured water, herbal teas and fruit
- Sample the selection of lotions near the KurSpa reception. The Vanilla Cream is my favourite!
- Because time is limited and I hate being rushed, I only book treatments when staying more than one night
- If your spa towel is past damp, extras should be available throughout the KurSpa. Make sure to leave one in your room to avoid a charge on your final bill.
- You can directly access the spa, through the north elevator on you room’s floor, without passing through the front entrance
If you plan on taking advantage of the treatments offered, it is advised to call prior to your stay (1-877-275-1556, ext. 2155) or submit a request online.
- Reception: 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM
- Indoor & Outdoor Pools: 7 AM to 10 PM
- Sauna & Steam Rooms: 2 PM to 10 PM
- Tea & Serenity Room: 7 AM to 10 PM
- Movement & Fitness Studios: 7 AM to 10 PM
- Services: 9 AM to 8 PM
note that European Hour begins at 9 PM
- Take advantage of Happy Hour at the Barrique & Java
- After an afternoon of steam rooms I am usually not hungry enough for dinner at PeakFine and have opted for drinks and a light snack at Barrique & Java
- Absolutely take advantage of the PeakFine breakfast before checking out! It is included with your stay and a wonderful way to wrap up a spa getaway
- Gluten Free options are available throughout the resort
- There is a well balanced selection of healthier and comforting food options available
- You will not be seeing me in a housecoat during breakfast, but knock yourself out
If you are planing to enjoy dinner at PeakFine, during your stay at Sparkling Hill Resort, it is also suggested to make a reservation ( 1-877-275-1556, ext. 4021) prior to checking in.
As it is a finer dining experience it is my understanding that the dress code is beyond spa attire and jeans. It couldn’t hurt to throw in your LBD and heels into the suitcase.
I highly recommend taking advantage of the room service. It is definitely worth it!
- Gerni’s Lunch: 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Gerni’s Dinner: 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- PeakFine Breakfast: 6:30 AM to 10 AM
- PeakFine Lunch: 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- PeakFine Dinner: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Room Service Breakfast: 6:30 AM to 10 AM
- Room Service Lunch: 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Room Service Dinner: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
I usually opt for sleeping in and breakfast at PeakFine, but if you are in fact a morning person then you will have some time to enjoy the KurSpa pools beforehand.
Included with your stay, the valet will bring around your vehicle upon check out.
Check In & Out Times
- Check In: 3 PM
- Check Out: 10 AM
Packing for Your Spa Getaway
This Taurus is too high maintenance to see any value in packing “light”. With that being said, I do try to keep everything to:
CONFESSION: I stuff my weekender bag full of drinks and snacks.
Packing for your stay at the resort will of course depend on the time of year. You may want to monitor the forecast before bringing out your suitcase.
While the temperature is generally mild from April to early June, you can expect it to be really hot during the summer months. In typical Canadian fashion, be wary of a temperature drop and snowfall come mid-fall and throughout the winter months.
The resort provides you with pretty much everything you need (and more) but I like to bring along a few extra items to further elevate my spa getaway. As such I have gathered a few items that you may want to consider adding to your packing list.
Feel free to copy and paste the below list into the Notes section of your phone so that you can easily refer to it.
Extra Items to Bring
- water bottle
- sunglasses for the infinity pool
- swimwear – preferably 2
- lip balm – I keep one in my housecoat pocket
- body lotion for after the spa… trust me
- exfoliating mask
- sheet mask for when watching a movie before bed
- night mask to lock in the hydration
- yoga pants
- light sweater and/or hoodie
- light bra
- little black dress for dinner at PeakFine
- light coat or light jacket
- ballet flats
- flip flops
- running shoes for fitness room or trails… if that’s your thing
- wine and/or cider
- light snacks
- light drinks
- paper napkins
- paper cups for snacks
- bag clips for leftovers
Things I Appreciate:
- 16+ adult only restriction. Zero kids screaming and splashing me in the pool? PLEASE!!
- Generous complementaries
- Excellent customer service
- VERY clean rooms and facilities
Staying at Sparkling Hill Resort it a very effective and efficient getaway. One night is plenty, but I think that two-three nights would be ideal if you want to partake in multiple treatments + services. I love that the resort takes me less than an hour to get to, from my home in downtown Kelowna, and I am always looking forward to my next visit!
If you have any queries or takeaway to add, please add a note in the comments section below or message me on Instagram.
this post is not affiliated with Sparkling Hill Resort