Dear 2021, thank you for stopping by, now please… see yourself out. There is no denying that this year had its moments. While I discovered that I apparently have a major threshold for disappointment, the gratitude trump card was played on multiple occasions. As such, I felt that I owed it to myself to take a moment, to wrap up 2021 on a positive note, before fully jumping into the new year.
- Finally upgrading the MacBook that I’ve had since university
- Being able to invite my friends to celebrate my birthday with me !!
- I managed to go on ONE non-terrible date this summer
- Mornings at the farmer’s market
- My silly little two second reel broke 2000 views
- Escaping the heatwave with ice cream, even if it was just for a moment
- Attended (the loveliest) bridal shower of one of my dearest friend’s baby sister. I’ve only known the bride her since she was in kindergarten so there was no ugly crying.
- Launching my Favourite’s Shop
- Canning peaches with my grandparents
- One of my favourite humans came home from France for a visit
- Celebrating my grandma’s (the lady who brought you the apple crisp and peach crisp recipes) 80th birthday
- A day-trip for (white) pumpkin hunting
- My auntie heart has multiplied once more. One of my dear friends welcomed a baby boy in October and another will be welcoming a baby girl in February !
- Learning how to make nuts & bolts with my auntie
- Every single tea and lunch date
- Launching my pop-up shop for the second year in a row
- Surprising the hospital maintenance workers with individually wrapped sugar cookies
- Was able to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with my grandparents
- The pause that manifested over the holidays. I have basically been in my own bubble since Christmas Eve and I do not plan on leaving it until January 2nd.
Best of wishes to you and yours in the new year!!