I have an aunt who lives in France that I often exchange recipes with. One of my favourite recipes is this French yogurt cake. Almost immediately after she shared the recipe with me, I began creating a gluten free version!
Apparently in France this cake a simple household staple. Traditionally you would use a small glass yogurt pot to measure out all of the ingredients.
- A very quick cake option
- Just sweet enough
- Travels well
The only adjustment I made to the original recipe was in regards to the flour, which makes this cake gluten free.
- Used AP gluten-free flour
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Bake: 50-55 minutes
d r y
w e t
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole-milk plain yogurt (or vanilla)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable)
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest – optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl add flour, baking powder, salt – whisk until thoroughly combined
- Set aside the mixture
- In a large bowl add sugar, eggs, yogurt, oil, vanilla, lemon zest – whisk until thoroughly combined
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture – fold in until just combined
- Pour batter into lined loaf pan
- Bake for 50-55 mins until a wooden toothpick (insert in the middle) comes out clean – should be a light-golden brown
- Cool slightly (5-10 mins) before transferring onto a cooling rack
- serves about 8
- chose a Gluten Free flour with Xanthan Gum
- used a dry 1/2 cup measuring cup (yogurt and oil) to keep ratios the same
- folded in batter with a spatula
- to avoid a tougher dough, avoid over mixing/handling
- can be made ahead and stored in airtight container – about 1 day prior
- freezes well in an airtight container
Similar to the French yogurt cake, this peach crisp is also a simple and quick gluten free dessert for the spring and summer months. You can easily swap out the peaches for berries or cherries if peaches are not yet in season.
If you have any questions about the recipe feel free to leave a note in the comments section below.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, I may earn a small commission. Products that are recommended are ones that I truly love or would would purchase for a dear friend.