As much as I love breakfast, during the week it is not something that I have time to sit down for. My weekday breakfast is either consumed at my desk or on the go. As such I am always looking for quick, filling, and healthy breakfast options. These gluten free cookies from Choosing Chia check all boxes and hold their place in my healthy breakfast rotation.
- Freeze very well
- Does not require AP flour
- Just sweet enough
Similar to one of my favourite GF flourless cookie recipes, these cookies are a delightful chocolate chip, oat, and nut combination. Except these ones are chalked full of nuts and seeds. They are also delightfully chunky, slightly chewy and pair perfectly with a favourite beverage.
Bottom line, these cookies are a wonderful addition to a healthy and wholesome breakfast.
- removed cranberries
- used peanut butter
- increased vanilla extract
- added flax seed
- added another egg
- used honey
- Prep: 10 + 20 minutes
- Bake: 11-13 minutes
d r y
- 1 + 1/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour (can substitute with a GF All Purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp flax seed
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (semi sweet or dark)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
w e t
- Line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients
- In a large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients
- Transfer the dry mixture to the wet mixture – mix together until well combined
- Let bowl sit for 15-20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop evenly sized cookies onto the cookie sheet
- Press down on each cookie with your hands or the bottom of a glass cup – the cookies will not spread
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes
- serves about 1-2 dozen smaller cookies
- if dough is dry, add a touch of almond milk
- cookies will not spread out while baking
- used a medium cookie scoop and pressed down on dough with three fingers
- can be made ahead and stored in airtight container – about 2 days prior
- freezes well in airtight container
If you have any questions about the recipe feel free to leave a note in the comments section below or message me on Instagram.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, I may earn a small commission. Products that are recommended are ones that I truly love or would purchase for a dear friend.