Often I get approached with queries regarding the best dining options in town. No matter the season or what the unpredictable Kelowna (YLW) weather forecast may bring, I almost always suggest restaurants that come with a lake view.
As such, I have created a list of the best lake view restaurants (as far as I’m concerned) in Kelowna and nearby towns, that are north and south of the city.
When curating this list, I made an effort to include options that are either within walking distance to the lake (a common Okanagan perk) or contain a view of one.
Outside of downtown Kelowna, I have found that the best lake view restaurants are either apart of a resort or winery. Either way, you really can’t go wrong!
A note that some of the following restaurants are age restricted, so be sure to double check if you are making a reservation with a minor. Also, if you’re booking a table between April and November, you’ll definitely need a reservation.
From West Kelowna to Vernon, any of the below spots will add a little extra to your dining experience. Whether you are coming back from the beach, taking a shopping break, or celebrating an occasion… you can consider yourself covered.
- Frind – I loved dining in the domes last winter
- Mission Hill – definitely a winery to visit
- Quail’s Gate – their menu makes me miss Europe
- Cactus Club Cafe – I come here, a lot
- Craft Beer Market – their rooftop dining is fun in the summer
- Earls – one of my favourites, the view never gets old
- King Taps – a fantastic lakeside location
- OAK + CRU – it’s always a treat to dine here
- Cedar Creek – one of my favourite wineries in town
- Hotel Eldorado – their Sunday brunch is incredible
- Manteo – I have coordinated a few summer events here
- Ex Nihilo – a fun and casual dining experience
- 50th Parallel Estate – I have heard SO many great reviews
- Peak Cellars – had a few fantastic birthday dinners here
- Sparkling Hill Resort – breakfast is included with your stay
Sparkling Hill Resort
Here are some additional local recommendations to consider, that are also not far from YLW: