Also inspired by a magazine recipe, once upon a holiday season, this chocolate candy cane bark is a Christmas treat that is always on my annual baking list. Not only is it a wonderful little gift, but it is oh SO simple to make.
- An excellent last-minute treat
- Minimal ingredients list
- Chocolate + Peppermint = LOVE
Whenever I wrap up a few pieces of chocolate candy cane bark, which makes perfect little gifts for the office, the feedback is incredibly positive! I once had a colleague dub it as “Christmas crack”.
- about 35 (+45 for chilling) minutes
- 2 x 100 grams mint chocolate bars, broken into small pieces
- 2 x 100 grams milk chocolate bars, broken into small pieces
- 225 grams gluten-free chocolate vanilla creme cookies, coarsely crumbled (about 16 cookies)
- 3 x peppermint candy canes, crushed
- Line 1 cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Melt chocolate in heat-proof bowl, over a small saucepan of water, on low heat – stir often
- Stir in 3/4 of the cookies
- Scrape onto cookie sheet – about 1/4 inch thick
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and remaining cookies
- Refrigerate until firm for 1 hour
- Break into uneven pieces as desired
- serves about 24 pieces
- I store mine in a tin, lined with wax paper, in the fridge
- will melt if not kept cool
If you have any questions feel free to leave a note in the comments section below.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, I may earn a small commission. Products that are recommended are ones that I truly love or would purchase for a dear friend.