You might recall my gluten free edit on my Auntie Clara’s very simple blueberry muffins. Like most recipes, it led me to an experiment. Unlike most experiments, these gluten free blueberry banana muffins turned out well. SO well, that I had to share.
- Slightly fluffier + sweeter
- Perfect for breakfast or a morning snack
- No stand mixer required
These muffins were essentially a result of 1 overly ripe banana, that was taunting me on my kitchen counter. The rest is history.
- Swapped oil
- Added a banana
- Reduced blueberries
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Bake: 18-20 minutes
w e t
d r y
a d d
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prep a muffin tin with baking cups or parchment paper
- In a medium bowl add beaten eggs, oil, milk, vanilla – whisk until thoroughly combined
- Set aside the wet mixture
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, sugar – whisk until thoroughly combined
- Transfer the wet mixture to the dry mixture – lightly stir until just nearly combined (you should still be some flour)
- Gently fold in mashed banana + blueberries
- Divide batter evenly amongst muffin tins
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until a toothpick (insert in the centre) comes out clean – should be a light-golden brown
- Cool slightly (1-2 mins) before transferring onto a cooling rack
- serves 11 medium/large or 12 small/medium (GF flour tends to yield less)
- chose a Gluten Free flour with Xanthan Gum
- combined the wet to dry mixture using a wooden spoon
- folded in banana + blueberries with a spatula
- used a large cookie scoop to divide the batter
- can be made ahead and stored in airtight container – about 1 day prior
- freezes well in airtight container
If you have any questions about the recipe feel free to leave a note in the comments section below.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to make a purchase, I may earn a small commission. Products that are recommended are ones that I truly love or would purchase for a dear friend.